27 Oct All-Star Junior Staff Accountant
You are a professional. You want to develop your skills and build your career at a growing professional firm. You want to create value for your clients and your team.
Clearline is looking for a full-time junior Staff Accountant who can join our team and provide exceptional accounting services to our clients starting September 2021.
Just like us, you are driven by excellence. You wake up Monday morning excited for the week ahead and the chance to make a positive impact in everything you do. You arrive at work before your day begins. You can see the big picture while understanding that it’s the little things that contribute to the quality of the work you present. You don’t wait around for work to come to you. You are the person who asks, “What can I do to help?” and then takes action to ensure success. You are outgoing, proactive and willing to put in some elbow grease to ensure the work gets done well, on time, and on budget.
At Clearline, we take pride in relieving our client’s stress by removing barriers to financial success. You will play a crucial role in making this happen. By the end of your first year as a Staff Accountant with us, you will be able to complete a corporate or personal tax return, complete a compilation engagement with key outstanding issues identified, draft high-quality financial statements and reporting letters, and will have completed your first tax season.
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns
- Assist audit teams as needed
- Compile and organize client information and records
- Assist client’s financial needs as they arise
- Use tax software (Taxprep) to prepare tax returns
- Use CaseWare Working Papers to compile and organize client information
- Compile and share findings with managers and partners
- Communicate with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Draft and proofread financial statements, tax plans and reporting letters with little or no revision needed
- You have an undergraduate degree and are working towards your CPA designation
- You are able to work with time management, tax, bookkeeping and client software
- Deadline-driven, your work is always completed on time
- You are prepared to work long hours when required
- Patient and calm, you are able to communicate with colleagues and clients, ensuring their needs are met
- You are an exceptional team player and have experience working in a team setting
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “All-Star Staff Accountant”.
In your cover letter, please tell us about a particular time you were on a team that didn’t connect well.