03 Mar Co-op Student
Clearline CPA is looking for a full time Co-op Student who can join our team and provide exceptional accounting services to our clients starting January 4, 2022 at our Surrey location. Preference will be given to those seeking an 8 month co-op term. Please specify on your application if you are looking of a 4 or 8 month term.
At Clearline CPA, we take pride in relieving our client’s stress by removing barriers to financial success. You will play a crucial role in making this happen. By the end of your term as a Co-op Student with us, you will be able to take what you learned in the classroom and apply it to real-world situations. You will have learned the basics of bookkeeping and payroll for public and private corporations; you will be able to complete GST returns and other government forms, and you will have experienced your first busy tax season.
- Key Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping for private and public corporations
- Assist bookkeeping team as needed
- Prepare payroll reports as needed
- Compile and organize client information and records
- Other Tasks
- Use tax software (Taxprep) to prepare tax returns
- Use Simply Accounting to bookkeep, generate bank reconciliations and payroll reports
- Use CaseWare Working Papers to compile and organize client information
- Communicate with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Do miscellaneous administrative work as needed
- You are enrolled in an accounting program
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- You are able to work with time management, tax, bookkeeping and client software
- Deadline-driven, your work is always completed on time
- You are prepared to potentially work long hours in the months of March and April for tax
- Patient and calm, you are able to communicate with colleagues and clients, ensuring their
needs are met
- You are an exceptional team player and have experience working in a team setting
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Co-op Student Position”. In your cover letter, please tell us about a particular time you were on a team that didn’t connect well. And please be sure to specify the length of co-op term you are seeking.