14 Mar Mark Your Calendar – March and April 2017
Here are the important dates you need to know for March and April 2017:
- Your 2016 personal tax return filing deadline is April 30, 2017.
- If you or your spouse or common-law partner were self-employed in 2016, your personal tax filing deadline is June 15, 2017. However, if you have taxes owing for 2016, you must pay it on or before April 30, 2017.
- Since April 30, 2017, is a Sunday, your return will be considered filed on time if Canada Revenue Agency receive it on or before May 1, 2017
- If you have a corporation with a year-end of September 30, then March 31, 2017 is the filing deadline for your corporate tax return. Please ensure that you have provided your year-end items to our office so that we can file your return on time.
- If you have a Canadian-controlled private corporation (CCPC) with a year-end of December 31* and you have corporate taxes owing, the balance of your tax is due by March 31, 2017.
- If your corporate year-end is March 31 you should be receiving a reminder and checklist from our office for the items we need to do some tax planning on your part and complete your filings on time.
- Partnerships have to file a T5013 partnership information return by March 31 that follows a fiscal period ending December 31
*Please contact our office for more details on making this payment.