08 Jan Senior Accountant: Getting Things Done
We know it’s a huge commitment to complete your final exam and become a CPA. You haven’t done all that work to be completing yet another useless reconciliation. You’ve decided you want to “make your mark” and you see yourself in a leadership position in a public accounting firm. If you have been working on a team for two years now but still can’t figure out why your voice is not being heard, it may be time to join Team Clearline.
Clearline is looking for a full time Senior Accountant who can join our team and provide exceptional accounting services to our clients.
Just like us, you take ownership of your work and you want to make a positive impact in everything you do. You are focused on being a leader.
You are outgoing, proactive and always striving to do what’s best for the Team, even if it means putting in some elbow grease to ensure the work gets done well, on time, on budget.
At Clearline, we take pride in relieving our client’s stress by removing barriers to financial success. You will play a crucial role in making this happen. By the end of your first year as a Senior Accountant with us, you will be able to complete engagements effectively on your own, contribute to completing challenging and special engagements, review corporate or personal tax returns prepared by other associates, and communicate effectively with clients
- Key Responsibilities
- Lead assurance teams as needed
- Prepare or review compilation engagements
- Prepare or review corporate and personal tax returns; identify and resolve key issues
- Identify, communicate, and resolve key issues and complete engagements
- Review financial statements, tax plans and reporting letters
- Communicate with clients effectively and professionally
- Other Tasks
- Use CaseWare Working Papers to audit, review or compile client information
- Use tax software (Taxprep) to prepare or review tax returns
- Be responsible for budget and recovery of time on engagements by managing your schedule and deadlines effectively
- You have completed your CPA designation, just wrote the CFE, or have an undergraduate degree and are working towards your CPA designation
- You are able to work with time management, tax, bookkeeping and client software
- Deadline-driven, your work is always completed on time
- You are prepared to work long hours when required
- Patient and calm, you are able to communicate with colleagues and clients, ensuring their needs are met
- You are an exceptional team player and have experience working in a team setting
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Accountant: Getting Things Done”. In your cover letter, please tell us about a time when you made a mistake on an engagement.