18 Mar Tax Filing Deadlines Extended and Important Office Updates
Dear Clients, Associates, and Friends,
We are closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
One of our top priorities is to help support the health and safety of our team, clients and community during this time.
This morning the Federal Government announced the following measures in regards to the tax deadlines for Canadians.
Tax Filing Deadlines:
- The tax filing deadlines have been extended:
- Personal: extended to June 1, 2020 (previously April 30th)
- Trusts: extended to May 1, 2020 (previously March 30th)
- Corporate: No changes announced
- Tax payments and instalments have been extended:
- Personal: extended to August 31, 2020
- Corporate: extended to August 31, 2020
Note: There will be no penalties or interest charged on any payments not made during that period.
New Office Hours
While prioritizing the health and welfare of our team, we are responding to the latest developments by implementing our remote work policy for our staff. Our team is committed to serving your needs and will continue to operate effectively. Many of you already interact with us online, so this means things will remain business as usual.
In order to continue supporting you, our revised office hours effective March 19, 2020 are as follows:
Working with Clearline Online
We have made significant investments in our online capabilities over the past few years. We are confident we can offer you the same great service you have come to know and expect in a virtual environment.
We encourage you to interact with us remotely – through phone, emails, and the Exchange, our secure online client portal. We are also implementing new video conferencing software so you can still have a “face-to-face” meeting. If you’re interested in learning more about this option, please let us know.
Personal Tax Clients
If you are a personal tax client, our preference is still to file your return before April 30th. We encourage you to get your information in to us now and choose to interact with our team using our online tools.
In order for us to be effective and have the best chance of still filing your tax return by April 30th, we are asking the following of you:
- Get your info in early! Spend your time in social distance by gathering and summarizing your tax information.
- Fill out our Personal Tax Checklist and Appendices.
- Scan your info to PDF, or take pictures with your phone, and then:
- Provide us with your phone number, or an alternate best way to get a hold of you.
- Then focus on your family. We will reach out to you when your tax return is complete and review everything with you before we file.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly.